In the additional application period, applications via exams/diplomas accepted by the University Senate will be received between 1-8 September 2023.
Dokuz Eylul University does not have a representative or office in any city in the country or in any country abroad. Dokuz Eylul University does not authorize any institution, organization or person to apply, make, receive or reach students for international student admissions on behalf of the University. Candidates must apply individually. Please do not give credit to individuals or companies that claim to be authorized in this matter and present themselves as the representatives of Dokuz Eylul University. All information about the application is available on our websites. University will not be responsible for any problems that may arise.
Applications will only be received online and applications will not be accepted in person, by mail or e-mail. You do not need to send any printed documents for the application.
Since there is a requirement to complete secondary education (high school) in order to be able to enroll in a higher education institution in Türkiye, the applications of candidates who have not yet completed their secondary education (high school) will not be accepted.
Applications via University Entrance Exam (SAT, ACT, TR-YOS, YOS etc.) or the High School Graduation Exam/High School Diploma, all candidates must upload the original and approved Turkish/English translation of the High School Diploma/Temporary Graduation Certificate. Applications of candidates who do not upload their graduation certificate will not be accepted.
Please read carefully the application conditions before starting application process.
Dokuz Eylul University provides education in 10 campuses with 18 Faculties, 2 Schools, 1 Conservatory, 6 Vocational Schools and 7 Graduate Schools. It is beneficial for the candidates to review the information about our campuses before making a choice.
Documents Required To Be Uploaded To The System In Application:
1. Original Exam Result Report/Diploma:
It is requested to upload the original exam result document/diploma in PDF format to the system which is in the list of exams/diplomas accepted by the University Senate and declared in the application form.
2. Exam Result Report/Diploma Translation:
It is requested that the original Turkish or English translation of the declared exam result report/diploma be uploaded to the system in PDF format which approved by the official authorities (Turkish Consulate, notary public, sworn translator). (The applicant applying with a YOS Result Document or the applicant applying with an English exam result report such as SAT, ACT, etc. must re-upload the same document to this field.)(Only Turkish translation of the exam result report/diploma will be accepted if the right to enroll is granted. (except SAT or ACT))
It is requested that the original copy of the certified transcript taken from the high school be uploaded to the system in PDF format and original copy of the Turkish or English translation approved by the official authorities (Turkish Consulate, notary public, sworn translator).
It is requested that the scanned version of the passport or the page of the Temporary Protection Identity Document containing the photo identification information be uploaded to the system in PDF format.
The candidate is required to add a digital copy of his/her photo to this area. This photo must be official and passport size photo format (4,5 cm x 6 cm) taken with an uncovered face and should be taken in the last 6 (six) months having the applicant clearly recognizable in the photo. The photo uploaded by the candidate will be displayed in this area when clicking on the “Dosya Seç (Select File)” button. (Please do not use any pale, dark photos taken from far distance with any accessories such as sunglasses, etc.)
The photo uploaded to the system in the application will be used on the student card, and each candidate must upload a headshot photo taken from the front.
6. Application Condition Document:
You must upload the documents in the PDF format required by the application condition you selected and which are listed below.
- Candidates who are foreign nationals or Heimatlosis (stateless people) must upload their passport’s first page (personal information page) or ID or “Temporary Protection Identity Card”. (File size must be less than 5 MB and file extension must be in PDF format.)
- Candidates who have the Document of Renunciation of Turkish Citizenship or “Blue ID” must upload their Document of Renunciation of Turkish Citizenship or Certificate of Naturalisation (Documents taken from E-Devlet service are valid)(Date of renunciation of Turkish Citizenship must be specified on the document) or Blue ID. (Files must be combined into 1 single file for the reason that only 1 file can be uploaded. File size must be less than 5 MB and file extension must be in PDF format.)
- Those who are foreign citizens that passed to Turkish citizenship by acquired citizenship/ being dual citizens in this case, except those with natural born Turkish citizenship must upload Certificate of Naturalisation (Candidate’s mother’s, father’s and own citizenship information must also be provided in the Certificate of Naturalisation)(Date of taking Turkish Citizenship must definitely be specified in the document)(File size must be less than 5 MB and file extension must be in PDF format.)
- T.R. Citizens Who Completed All Their Secondary Education (High School) in a Foreign Country: Candidates who have Turkish nationality and who have completed all their secondary education (high school) in a foreign country other than T.R.N.C. (including those who have completed all secondary education (high school) in Turkish Schools established by the Ministry of Education in a foreign country other than T.R.N.C.), must upload High School Diploma or Graduation Certificate and transcript/approved document (Documents proving that the candidate has studied the entire high school abroad (Transcripts, report cards, State Entry/Exit Document obtained from the Department of Combating Immigrant Smuggling and Border Gates etc.))(Original Diploma/Graduation Certificate and approved Turkish translation document (Date of enrolment and education period must definitely be specified in the document.))(Transcript or approved document taken from graduated high school which proves that the candidate completed all of his/her secondary education (high school) in a foreign country and its approved Turkish translation.))(Files must be combined into 1 file because only 1 file can be uploaded. File size must be less than 5 MB and file extension must be in PDF format.)
Situations To Be Considered In The Application Process:
- An e-mail address will be requested from the candidate on the user creation screen. This e-mail address must belong to the candidate. In addition, since the candidate will be contacted through this e-mail address at every stage, it is recommended that the candidate obtain a simple e-mail address specific to this application and use it actively. Since e-mail addresses are used in the application, placement and registration processes, it is important for the candidates not to share their e-mail addresses and passwords with anyone for their own safety.
- Turkish characters (ç, ğ, ı, ö, ş, ü) should not be used in the e-mail address entered when creating a user (Example: gmail.com should not be written). In addition, the e-mail address must be an active and valid address. Care should be taken to ensure that the user password is a simple and memorable one.
- The application process is individual and each candidate will fill in the required information in the application and upload the documents to the system.
- Applications made with documents other than the documents included in the exams/diplomas list accepted by the University Senate will not be accepted.
- On the application screen, you must read and approve the “Clarification Text” and “Express Consent Statement” texts within the scope of the “Personal Data Protection Law” before starting the application process.
If you press the cancel button, you will be deemed to have abstained from giving an express consent statement and you will receive the following warning.
- Each candidate can apply only once. If more than one application is made, the other applications of the person will be cancelled.
- Candidates can only apply with one of the exam or diploma scores.
- Preferences will also be taken during the application process, and each candidate must make at least 1 choice in order to be evaluated (There is a maximum of 8 choices). The order of preference has priority in placement. Therefore, the candidate should pay attention to the order of preference. The order of preference cannot be changed after the application process is over.
- The candidate is responsible for the accuracy of all information entered in the application form and the accuracy of all uploaded documents during the application process. The application of the candidate who has incomplete and/or incorrect information or documents will be rejected.
- The originals of all the documents uploaded for the application will be requested during your enrollment to the University.
- Documents with the phrase “Predicted Grade” will not be evaluated in applications made with a GCE A Level document.
- Applications with Turkish high school diploma or high school diploma from M.E.B. Turkish schools abroad are not accepted. Candidates with this document can apply if they have a document with the status of “University Entrance Examination” in the list of exams/diplomas accepted by the University Senate (SAT, ACT, YOS etc.).
- Candidates with 2022 DEYOS result or 2023 DEYOS result will also be able to apply in the 3rd application period if they meet the application requirement. These candidates are required to select the option “Examination For Foreign or Overseas Students (YOS) results arranged by all the higher education institutions in Türkiye” in the exam/diploma name list in the application form.
- Candidates who will apply with 2022 or 2023 YOS results from other universities must select the option “Examination For Foreign or Overseas Students (YOS) results arranged by all the higher education institutions in Türkiye” in the exam/diploma name list in the application form.
- Candidates who will apply with a YOS result must choose the name of the university that organized the YOS exam from the list.
- Candidates who will apply with a 2023 TR-YOS result must select the option “TR-YOS (Exam for Foreign Students for Higher Education in Türkiye)” in the exam/diploma name list in the application form.
- Candidates applying from countries where more than one document is accepted have been found to have confusion in the document they chose during the application process and the document they uploaded, so it is recommended that the candidates applying from the countries listed below read this warning carefully before the application process.
From the documents accepted from Azerbaijan; Those who will apply with a high school diploma should choose the “Certificate of Complete Secondary Education (Azerbaijan)” option, and those who will apply with a University Entrance Exam result should choose the “Azerbaijan University Entrance Exam “Talebe Qabulu üzre Dövlet Komissiyası” (TQDK)” option. (In case of inconsistency between the declaration and the document, the application may be rejected by the decision of the commission.)
From the documents accepted from Kazakhstan; Those who will apply with a high school diploma should choose the option “Orta bilim turaly attestat/Attestat o (obschem) Srednem Obrazovanii (Kazakhstan)”, those who will apply with the result of the University Entrance Exam should choose “Kazakhstan National University Test” option or “National University Entrance Test (ENT)” option. (In case of inconsistency between the declaration and the document, the application may be rejected by the decision of the commission.)
From the documents accepted from Kyrgyzstan; Those who will apply with a high school diploma must choose the “Attestat o Srednem (Polnom) Obshchem Obrazovanii (Kyrgyzstan)” option, and those who will apply with the result of the University Entrance Exam must choose the “Kyrgyzstan National Scholarship Test” option. (In case of inconsistency between the declaration and the document, the application may be rejected by the decision of the commission.)
From documents accepted from the Russian Federation; Those who will apply with a high school diploma must choose the option “Attestat o Srednem Obrazovanii/Attestât o Srednem (Polnom) Obshchem Obrazovanii (Russian Federation)” and those who will apply with the result of the University Entrance Exam must choose the “Unified State Examination (EGE)” option. (In case of inconsistency between the declaration and the document, the application may be rejected by the decision of the commission.)
From the documents accepted from Saudi Arabia; Those who will apply with a high school diploma should choose the “Tawjihi (Saudi Arabia)” option, and those who will apply with a University Entrance Exam result should choose the “Qudurat” option. (In case of inconsistency between the declaration and the document, the application may be rejected by the decision of the commission.)
- In applications made with a diploma from the documents included in the exams/diplomas list accepted by the University Senate, the candidate’s graduation grade must be included in the document. In the absence of a graduation grade, if there is an Equivalency Certificate indicating the graduation grade point average, the grade written on this document should be written, and if there is no graduation grade, the arithmetic average should be written.
- T.R. nationals or dual nationals those his/her first nationality T.R. by birth, those who completed all of the secondary education (high school) in a foreign country except T.R.N.C.;
- Applications of candidates who have received a diploma from a high school abroad through distance education without being abroad will not be accepted.
- Candidates who hold a diploma from a high school abroad through formal education will be requested to prove their passport or security records and their entry and exit to the country where the diploma was received, and if a conflict is detected between the duration of the high school education and the entry-exit dates to the relevant country, the applications of the relevant candidates will not be accepted.
- Make sure to click on the “Add/Update Application” button in the application form. Otherwise, your application will not be completed.
- Make sure that your application is complete and correct by logging in repeatedly during the application process and checking your information and documents.
- Terminating the application means accepting that the information provided is complete and correct. It is the candidate’s own responsibility whether the documents are complete or not. Applications with missing documents will not be evaluated. Applications of candidates who do not meet the application requirements will not be considered.
The evaluation of applications and placement of candidates are at Dokuz Eylul University’s discretion.
Applications are evaluated by the commission established within our University.
Applications of candidates who do not meet the application requirements will not be considered.
The applications of the candidates are evaluated by the commission and finalized as “accepted” or “rejected”.
Placement of candidates is completely at Dokuz Eylul University’s discretion.
Dokuz Eylül University has the initiative to decide not to fill the quotas.
Meeting the application conditions does not guarantee admission to the programs.
In the placement of the candidate, the preference order of the candidate and the placement score are taken as basis.
As a result of the evaluation of the applications, the exam or diploma grades of the candidates whose applications are accepted are converted into a hundred grades with a common calculation and a standard formula. In addition, with the decision of the commission, a coefficient can be applied to the converted scores for the admission of qualified students to our University in line with the strategies followed and the targets set by the Higher Education Council in the context of the goal-oriented internationalization policy in higher education. Finally, a placement score is formed for each candidate and candidates are placed by a computer program based on their preferences and placement scores.
Candidates who have been placed in our university can obtain a “Placement Result Document” from the address https://ogrbasvuru.deu.edu.tr/Yos/dogrulama_index.php. This document replaces the “Letter of Acceptance” and can be verified with the verification code at https://ogrbasvuru.deu.edu.tr/Yos/dogrulama_index.php. Candidates can obtain a visa by going to the Turkish Embassy in their country with this document.
Note: Equivalency Certificate for high school education is not required from candidates for application, but Equivalency Certificate is required to enroll in any higher education institution in Türkiye. Giving the Equivalence Certificate in Türkiye is entirely at the discretion of the Ministry of National Education of the Republic of Türkiye. However, due to the high density of provincial and district National Education Directorates, diploma equivalency procedures take a very long time. For this reason, it is important for candidates to apply to the Turkish Embassy or Turkish Consulate in their countries for diploma equivalency. For detailed information, you can visit https://edenklik.meb.gov.tr.